Buchla TipTop Audio
***This is a Pre-Order Product*** 15-45 days Delivery Time. Please Read our Pre-Order System & Policy below carefully AND | OR Contact Us before placing your order.
Quad Function Generator
Buchla + TipTop Audio 200 Series
- Re-creates the original Buchla 281t 200 series module in Eurorack format
- 4 function generators with controls for attack and decay (.001 seconds to 10 seconds)
- Quadrature mode operates generators A/B or C/D in tandem, with their functions shifted by 90° in relation to each other
- Each generator can be switched between transient, sustained, and cyclic behavior
- Trigger button allows you to manually trigger any function generator at any time
- Generators can be used independently, or configured in pairs to create complex voltage outputs
Bringing the Buchla 200 Series to Eurorack
Tiptop Audio has teamed up with Buchla to bring back classic Buchla 200 series modules to the modern Eurorack format, including the 281t Quad Function Generator Eurorack module.
Loaded with four function generators, the 281t can either operate all function generators independently, or link them in pairs to generate more complex output voltages. Each generator supports three operation modes — transient, sustained, and cyclic — allowing you to generate a wide range of envelopes and LFO shapes. And with a control input that allows you to cycle any of the function generators using a gate signal, the Tiptop Audio 281t Quad Function Generator module from Transistory can quickly turn a basic Eurorack patch into something you’ve never heard before.
Welcome to the Buchla & Tiptop Audio 200 series project. In this project Buchla has teamed up with Tiptop Audio to resume the production of Don Buchla’s 200 series and convert it to Eurorack standards. These extremely rare pieces of equipment made almost half a century ago will once again be available, and this time to a wide audience.
- Width: 28 HP
- Depth: 32 mm (1.77 inches)
- Power: 160mA @ +12V , 55mA @ -12V