Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
- Semi-modular analog synth with 49-key Fatar keybed and monophonic, duophonic, and paraphonic playability
- Stereo analog delay with up to 700ms of delay
- 256-step sequencer supports up to 4 notes per steps
- Save up to 12 sequencer patterns for instant recall
- Sequencer can be decoupled from Matriarch to sequence external synths
- Arpeggiator features Forward/Backward, Order, and Reverse playback modes
- 90 modular patch points offer astounding creative potential
- 4 analog oscillators, with multiple waveforms and hard-sync capability
- Analog LFO with 6 waveforms, plus an additional “simple” LFO
- Dual analog filters with 3 modes — parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP) and series (HP/LP)
- 2 analog ADSR envelopes and 2 analog VCAs
- 3 bipolar attenuators with ring-mod capability
- 2 x 4 parallel-wired unbuffered mults for signal splitting
- 1/4″ aux input for processing instruments, synths, and drum machines
- 1/4″ and 1/8″ Eurorack-level audio outputs for modular convenience
Matriarch® is an analog synthesizer with an emphasis on imagination. The pinnacle of Moog’s semi-modular family of synthesizers, Matriarch’s patchable architecture and vintage Moog circuits reward open exploration with endless sonic possibilities and unparalleled analog sound.
The Pinnacle of Moog's Semi-Modular Family of Analog Synthesizers.
Moog Matriarch is a patchable 4-note paraphonic analog synthesizer with a built-in Sequencer, Arpeggiator, stereo Ladder Filters, and stereo Analog Delay. Create rich evolving chord patterns immediately with “no patching required”, then tap into an abundance of inspiring textures, new sounds, and an endless supply of happy accidents through Matriarch’s 90 modular patch points. Based on the vintage circuitry of classic Moog synthesizer modules, Matriarch is a catalyst for creative ideas and a medium for multidimensional expression.
Sequence and perform in mono, duo, and 4-note paraphonic modes.
Easily create rich harmonic shapes with up to 4 notes of paraphony that can be sequenced, saved, and shifted with Matriarch’s intuitive 256 step sequencer, or stack the analog VCOs to play on a massive 4 oscillator mono synth.
>STEREO ANALOG DELAY
Classic and ping-pong style repeats with lush infinite delay trails.
With a deep assortment of synthesis modules based on Bob Moog’s original circuit designs, Matriarch’s 100% analog signal path spans a dynamic sonic vocabulary – from overdriven monophonic bass to gently evolving paraphonic plucks that cycle through waveshapes into a wash of infinite delay trails. Coupling the power of vintage stereo ladder filters, dual Envelope Generators, stereo Analog Delays, and stereo VCAs, Matriarch delivers a multidimensional sound that empowers the sonic exploration of space and time.
>90 MODULAR PATCH POINTS
Create, mangle and explore the endless expanse of sound with 90 modular patch points.
Though Matriarch’s semi-modular design requires absolutely no patching, 90 modular patch points are easily accessible throughout the panel via the included 3.5mm patch cables. This powerful electronic instrument is a highly-versatile addition to any stage or studio that can effortlessly transform from a performance keyboard to a fully modular analog synthesizer at a moment’s notice.
In addition to its standalone function, Matriarch is also an ideal processor of external sound sources and a powerful keyboard front-end for expanding a DFAM, Mother-32, Grandmother, or Eurorack modular system.
- SOUND ENGINE: 100% Analog
- NUMBER OF KEYS: 49 Full-Size Keys
- TYPE OF KEYS: Velocity-sensing with Aftertouch (Velocity and Aftertouch are not hard-wired – available via MIDI, KBD VEL OUT and KB AT OUT jacks)
- OTHER CONTROLLERS: Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Variable Glide, Expression pedal in to CV out, and Sustain Pedal in
- POLYPHONY: Monophonic, 2-Note Paraphonic, and 4-Note Paraphonic
- SOUND SOURCES: 4x Analog Oscillators with Selectable Waveforms (Oscillators 2, 3, and 4 support Hard Sync), White Noise Generator, External Input jack.
- MIXER: 6 input (5 eurorack level and 1 instrument level) DC coupled discrete mixer with asymmetrical clipping behavior
- FILTERS: 24dB/Octave Low Pass Filter with Resonance, 24dB/Octave switchable Low Pass/High Pass Filter with Resonance. Configurable in parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP), and series (HP/LP).
- MOD SOURCES: Analog Modulation Oscillator with selectable and patchable output (Sine, Saw, Ramp, Square, Stepped Triangle, Smoothed Random, Sample and Hold, Noise). Additional LFO (Tri, Square).
- ENVELOPES: 2x Four-Stage ADSR with End of Envelope gate outputs
- ATTENUATORS: 3x Bipolar Voltage Controlled Attenuators with Ring Mod capabilities
- MULTS: 2x4 Parallel-wired Non-buffered Patch Points
- VCAS: 2x discrete analog VCAs routed in stereo
- EFFECTS: Stereo Analog Delay with Ping/Pong, MIDI and CV clock sync, voltage controlled Mix, and independent L/R delay times, feedback, and I/O
- ARPEGGIATOR / STEP SEQUENCER: 256 Steps with up to 4 notes per step; 12 Sequence locations
- PATCH POINTS: 90 x 3.5mm front and rear panels, 49 Inputs, 33 Outputs, 2x4 Parallel-wired Mults
- PEDAL INPUTS: 1/4” Sustain, 1/4” Expression
- AUDIO INPUT: 1/4” TS jack (Rear Panel)
- AUDIO OUTPUTS: 2x 1/4” TS jacks for line level output (Rear Panel), 1/4” Headphone jack with dedicated level knob (rear panel), 2x 3.5mm Eurorack level outputs, 2x 3.5mm Delay outputs
- MIDI I/O: 5-pin DIN In, Out, Thru; plus MIDI over USB (Rear Panel)
- DIMENSIONS: 32” (81.28cm) Wide x 14 1/4” (36.19cm) Deep x 5 1/2” (13.97cm) High
- POWER: Included Power Adapter 12V DC (positive tip), 2A, 100 to 240 Volts AC, 50/60Hz with screw-on barrel connector
- WEIGHT: 24lbs. / 10.89kg
Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice