Grandmother - Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
- Semi-modular monophonic analog synthesizer with 41 patch points
- 32-note, velocity-sensitive Fatar keybed
- Built-in spring reverb can process internal and external sounds
- Semi-modular design — no patching required, but ready to integrate with Eurorack
- All normalized connections can be interrupted, for complete modular integration
- Flexible arpeggiator/sequencer, with 3 preset locations for your favorite sequences (up to 256 notes each)
Inspired by the classic Moog Modular Synthesizers.
Grandmother® is a semi-modular analog synthesizer with a built-in arpeggiator, sequencer and spring reverb tank. Start playing immediately with “no patching required”, and then explore an infinite sonic playground with Grandmother’s reconfigurable front panel. Grandmother’s circuits, spring reverb, and spirit are inspired by the classic Moog Modular Synthesizers, making this instrument a powerful addition to a Mother-32, DFAM or any Eurorack modular system.
>256 NOTE SEQUENCER
Record and playback sequences with up to 256 notes each
Grandmother is a sonic playground that harkens back to Moog’s modular roots, where synthesis is not only about the end result, but the journey of discovery and experimentation. While capable of highly complex sounds and modulation, Grandmother's semi-modular design requires absolutely no patching, ensuring that human beings of any skill-level can easily explore and experience the joys and magic of analog synthesis.
>ANALOG SPRING REVERB
Add lush, expansive ambience to any sound.
Inspired by the classic Moog modular synthesizers that came before it, Grandmother's sound engine, modulation engine and onboard spring reverb tank are completely analog, resulting in an unrestricted sonic vocabulary of immeasurable beauty and power. In addition, Grandmother also features an easy to use Arpeggiator and Sequencer for added enjoyment and programmable syncopation.
>41 MODULAR PATCH POINTS
Explore a vast array of sonic possibilities through analog interconnectivity.
Though not required, creative patching and exploration are the keys to discovering exciting new relationships between modules and to truly unlocking Grandmother’s infinite expanse of auditory inspiration. Patching can also be used to override internal connections, allowing each section to function just as an independent module would.
In addition to its standalone function, Grandmother is also an ideal analog audio processor for external sound sources, and a powerful keyboard front end for expanding a Mother-32, DFAM or Eurorack modular system.
- SOUND ENGINE: Analog
- NUMBER OF KEYS: 32 Full-Size Keys
- TYPE OF KEYS: Velocity-sensing (Velocity signal is not hard-wired – available via MIDI and KBD VEL OUT jack)
- OTHER CONTROLLERS: Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Variable Glide
- POLYPHONY: Monophonic
- SOUND SOURCES: 2 Oscillators with selectable Waveforms (Oscillator 2 supports Sync to Oscillator 1 plus linear FM), 1 White Noise Generator, External Input jack
- VCF FILTER: (LOW PASS)-24dB/Octave Moog Ladder Filter with Resonance (Self-Oscillating)
- STATIC FILTER: (HIGH PASS)-6dB/Octave
- MOD SOURCES: Modulation Oscillator (Sine, Sawtooth, Ramp, Square), S/H Output, plus Envelope and Key Tracking
- ENVELOPE: Four-Stage (ADSR)
- ATTENUATOR: Bipolar
- MULT: Four Parallel-wired Non-buffered Patch Points
- EFFECTS: Spring Reverb
- ARPEGGIATOR / STEP SEQUENCER: (256 Steps; three Sequence Files)
- PATCH POINTS: 41 x 3.5mm front and rear panels, 21 Inputs, 16 Outputs, 4 Parallel-wired Mults.
- AUDIO INPUT: One 1/4” TS jack (Rear Panel)
- AUDIO OUTPUT: One 1/4” TRS jack for headphones or line level output (Rear Panel)
- MIDI: I/O5-pin DIN In, Out, Thru; plus MIDI over USB (Rear Panel)
- DIMENSIONS: 23” (58.42cm) Wide x 14 1/4” (36.19cm) Deep x 5 1/2” (13.97cm) High
- POWER: Included Power Adapter 12V DC (positive tip), 2A, 100 to 240 Volts AC, 50/60Hz
- WEIGHT: 16lbs. / 7.25kg
Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice