Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
- The first semi-modular tabletop and Eurorack synthesizer from Moog
- Raw, fat analog sound meets modern sequencing and MIDI control
- Create patterns via the voltage-controlled 32-step sequencer with 64 sequence locations
- Low Pass & High Pass Moog Ladder Filter (20Hz–20kHz) with voltage controlled resonance
- 32 Modular Patch Points (Includes 5 patch cables)
- Complete solution for new Eurorack users
- Complete 60HP Eurorack synthesizer that can easily be installed in a Eurorack case
Mother-32® is an intuitive and expandable semi-modular synthesizer that adds raw analog sound, powerful sequencing and extensive interconnectivity to any creative, electronic or modular ecosystem.
No cables are required for swift, inspired music creation and exploration. When you’re ready, enter the vast sonic realms of modular synthesis.
The Mother-32 is a distinctive analog instrument that brings raw sound, step-sequencing and extensive interconnectivity to any electronic or modular ecosystem. This expansive live performance and production synthesizer is designed to provide experimental musicians and synthesists with a diverse array of creative tools to inspire new ideas, unique sound and endless sonic exploration.
>32-NOTE STEP SEQUENCER
Craft new ideas and perform in two unique sequencer modes with up to 64 on-board sequences for live performance.
Drive synchronized sound with Mother 32’s powerful step sequencer while utilizing its modular patchbay and assignable output to spawn a living, breathing organism with dynamic and modifiable sound processing. Patch multiple control and sound sources into Mother-32’s voltage controlled mixers and truly unlock the vast potential of this powerful instrument, or pull all of the patch cables, plug in a MIDI cable and simply drive your Mother-32 from any MIDI-equipped device.
Combine multiple Mother-32s to unlock new realms of sound, imagination and creativity. Push even farther with complete Eurorack integration.
The Mother-32 is secured in an extruded aluminum enclosure with wood sides, but can also easily be relocated to almost any Eurorack enclosure.
- SOUND ENGINE: Analog
- POLYPHONY: Monophonic
- KEYPAD: 13 Note
- STEP SEQUENCER: 32-Step with 64 Sequence Locations, Keyboard and Step Edit Modes
- SEQUENCER PANEL CONTROLS: Tempo, Swing, Run/Stop, Hold, and Reset
- SOUND SOURCES: 1 Oscillator With Pulse and Saw Waveforms, 1 White Noise Generator, 1 External Audio Input
- OSCILLATOR RANGE: 8Hz-8KHz (16KHz max with LFO/CV)
- FREQUENCY CONTROL: +/- 1 Octave
- VOLTAGE CONTROLLED MIXER: +/- 5V Crossfades Between the Selected Oscillator Wave and External Audio Input (Normalled to White Noise)
- FILTER: 20Hz-20KHz Switchable Low Pass / High Pass 4-Pole Transistor Ladder Filter
- GLIDE: Assigned to Pitch (On/Off Per Step)
- MODULATION SOURCES: LFO (TriangLe or Square), VCO Mod Input (Normalled to EG)
- MODULATION DESTINATIONS: Pulse Width, Oscillator Frequency, Filter Cutoff ( Modulation Polarity)
- LFO PANEL RATE: 1Hz to 350Hz (600Hz max)
- ENVELOPE: Selectable AD (Multi-Trigger) / ASD (Single-Trigger)
- VC MIXER: Voltage Controlled Crossfade/Mix Circuit for Mixing Two DC Coupled Signals
- PATCHBAY: 32x 3.5mm Jacks
- CV/GATE INPUTS: External Audio, Mix CV, VCA CV, VCF Cutoff, VCF Resonance, VCO 1V/Octave, VCO Linear FM, VCO Modulation, LFO Rate, Mix 1, Mix 2, VC Mix Control, Mult, Gate, Tempo, Run/Stop, Reset and Hold
- CV/GATE OUTPUTS: VCA, Noise, VCF, VCO Saw, VCO Pulse, LFO Triangle, LFO Square, VC Mix, Mult , Mult 2, Assign, EG, KB, Gate
- ASSIGNABLE OUTPUT: Multipurpose control output for selecting from 16 available functions: Sequencer Accent, Sequencer Clock, Sequencer Clock /2 Sequencer Clock /4, Decimated "Ramp”, Decimated "Saw”, Decimated "Triangle”, Stepped Random, STEP 1, MIDI Note On Velocity, MIDI Channel Aftertouch, MIDI Pitch Bend, MIDI CC1 Mod Wheel, MIDI CC2, MIDI CC4 and MIDI CC7
- EXTERNAL AUDIO INPUT: 3.5mm
- AUDIO OUTPUT: ¼” TS Line / ¼” TRS Headphones (Shared Output Jack)
- MIDI IN: 5-Pin DIN input
- MIDI CONTROL: Note, Gate, Pitch Bend (Mod Wheel, After Pressure, Velocity Available Via Assignable Output)
- INCLUDED POWER SUPPLY: 110-250VAC, 50-60Hz, +12VDC 1A
- POWER CONSUMPTION: 2.8W
- EURORACK CURRENT DRAW: 230mA (+12V – from 10-pin header)
- WEIGHTS AND DIMENSIONS:
- EURORACK MOUNTING DIMENSIONS: 60HP (1” 26mm Module Depth)
- Imperial: (in.): 4.2h x 12.57w x 5.24d
- Metric: (cm): 10.67h x 31.93w x 13.31d
- Imperial Weight: 3.5 lbs.
- Metric Weight: 1.58 kg
- Imperial: (in.): 8h x 15w x 9d
- Metric: (cm): 20.32h x 38.1w x 22.86d
- Imperial Weight: 6 lbs
- Metric Weight: 2.72 kg
Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice