***This is a Pre-Order Product*** 15-45 days Delivery Time. Please Read our Pre-Order System & Policy below carefully AND | OR Contact Us before placing your order.
Multi-Mode Analog Filter
- Analog Multi-Mode Filter module for Eurorack modular synthesizers
- HighPass, BandPass, and LowPass sections can be used individually or simultaneously
- Two voltage-control inputs, one with attenuation for fine-tuning modulation amount
- HighPass mode features a sharp cutoff for focused filter effects
- BandPass mode is perfect for isolating mids
- LowPass mode features a rich-sounding 12dB slope
- Can reach self oscillation, up to saturation
- Output volume control is helpful for dialing back extreme resonance
Welcome to the Forbidden Planet, an all analog multi-mode filter design influenced by the 1975 Steiner-Parker Synthacon model. Control the Forbidden Planet manually or through CV and take the sound of your Eurorack into new orbits.
Forbidden Planet has three filter input jacks: High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass. The High Pass section is this module’s signature sound—a crisp sharp-cut with no residue, designed to add High Pass filtering capability to Tiptop Audio’s wide range of Eurorack modules. Send a throbbing kick drum through the High Pass section and filter out the the rumbling lows while maintaining the pulse of the beat. The Bandpass is clear and useful in isolating a pie-slice-range-of-frequencies while cutting off the low and highs, great for accurate sound design or sculpting audio into that sweet spot. The Low Pass is an airy classic 12db two-pole analog slope ideal for monophonic synth patches and filtering down to the essential low-end bass we all love.
The Forbidden Planet Resonance utilizes an internal feedback path which can sound smooth or aggressive depending on the knob setting. At a low setting, it emphasizes the cutoff harmonics, at middle settings it begins to self oscillate, and towards maximum setting it forms interesting tones and all sorts of chopped grainy bits of self-oscillation perfect for entering into a sci-fi world.
The Forbidden Planet is an impressive multi-mode analog filter which adds a broader filter spectrum to the Tiptop Audio modular family and unlocks forbidden creative possibilities in a small package.
- Width: 8 HP
- Depth: 30.5 mm (1.2 inches)
- Power: 10mA @ +12V , 10mA @ -12V